Payroll – Quick Tips & Shortcut keys
Find below some fairly random tips for those of you who use MYOB Payroll
- Take care setting up new employees – make sure you go to each tab in Employee Maintenance and remember to set up their standard no of hours and days per week.
- Always remember to finalise a pay. You backup first and then you finalise the pay.
- You will find a PAYE Calculator in the ‘tools’ section of the menu. This is handy for checking actual PAYE, Student Loan, KiwiSaver amounts if you are asked.
- When paying out sick leave, remember to enter the actual date the sick leave relates to.
- Only ever use the Annual Leave code to pay out leave taken. The holiday pay code is just used for termination pays and for casual employees.
- You can fix up incorrect pays in the next pay run or you can run a one-off pay. Just enter a negative figure in the quantity field of enter pays. While you cannot reverse a finalised pay, you can manually enter pays which ‘reverse out’ a previous pay.
The following shortcut (function) keys can make things quicker when using MYOB PayrollF1 Online help
F2 Leave Due Screen (within Enter Pays)
F3 Tax Override (within Enter Pays)
F4 Add Record
F5 Message (within Enter Pays)
F6 Split Pays (within Enter Pays/Timesheets)
F7 Print (within Enter Pays)
F8 Delete Record
F9 Select from List