How to remove ex-employees from MYOB Payroll?
Normally employees should be finished using the Final Pay button in the Enter Pays screen which will pay out any annual leave and alternative leave balances. If this isn’t done the employee will continue to appear in the payroll and show in the IRD reports. If you have old employees who have finished, follow this procedure. Note you cannot delete ex-employees, but a ‘Finish Date’ can be entered.
Finishing an “Ex-Employee”
1. Go to Maintenance > Maintain Employee > Select Employee
2. Within the employee’s “Leave Details > Annual Leave & Holiday Pay ” tab
3. Ensure that the balances for Holiday Pay Due and Annual Leave have zero balances. Delete any balance and make a note in the notes area for future reference.
4. Within the employee’s “Other Leave” tab.
5. Ensure that the balance for Alternative Holidays has a zero balance.
6. Within the employee’s “Employment Details” tab enter the employee’s “finish date”
7. The employee will now be shown as an “Ex-Employee” and won’t in future show up when you process pays.
What if they are re-employed down the track?
If they are reemployed you can delete the finish date and enter new anniversary dates for them. Then pay them normally.