Setting up MYOB software
Step through a set-up using MYOB software!
This 1-day, hands-on course follows a case study to allow you to become skilled at setting up the MYOB business software correctly. You may be new to MYOB software or an existing user who needs to set up other company files.Get up and running properly with MYOB and learn how to enter relevant accounts, GST codes and card files correctly. We show you how to load opening balances for debtors, creditors, stock and the bank. Also covered is backing up and basic housekeeping.
this course is for new or existing businesses who have just bought the software or those who need to set up other businesses
What You'll Learn
- Define basic accounting concepts
- Identify asset, liability, owner’s equity, income or expense business transactions
- Open an existing MYOB company file
- Describe the function of the menu bar, the command centre, and the command panel
- Use navigation tools to move around the command centres and command panel
- Create a company fileSet up preferencesView and delete GST codes
- Understand linked accounts
- Enter account opening balances
- Create card file records
- Enter customer opening balances and historical sales
- Enter supplier opening balances and historical purchases
- Create items and enter inventory opening balances
- Link accounts to items
- Enter buying and selling details of items
- Perform an initial bank reconciliation
- Back up and restore an MYOB company file
Course Details & Pre-Requisites
- Opportunity to ask questions relating to your business during the course
- Small groups to ensure attendees can participate
- 170+ page workbook to all of those who attend – great for later reference
- Certificate of attendance once course is complete
- Morning and afternoon tea included (bring lunch)
- You need to have some computer experience.
- A knowledge of accounts is useful but not essential.