Why attend “Accounting for Non-Accountants”
Chances are you went into business for yourself because you’re technically very good at whatever it is you do; be it butcher, baker, candlestick maker…
However a common handicap most small business owners are limited by is a lack of core accounting knowledge. You don’t need to be an accountant , but to succeed it’s essential you know accounting basics.
This course has been designed as an introduction to accounting principles and is for beginners working in a New Zealand business environment. No previous knowledge of accounting is assumed and all concepts are introduced in a simple manner. The emphasis is on a practical approach that helps non-accountants learn some accounting basics that will assist you to successfully use accounting software. It is a non-computerised course and includes a series of exercises to help the learning process. Please note this course is not an MYOB AccountRight software course.
You will learn how to..
- Apply basic accounting concepts
- Recognise accounts as Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Expenses or Revenue type
- Apply business transactions on the accounting equation
- Interpret a Profit & Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Code transactions to appropriate accounts
- Understand how GST works and calculate GST to pay
- Identify capital verse revenue expenses
- Set up a successful accounts filing system
What you will get from the course
- Comprehensive workbook
- Morning tea
- Certficate of Attendance
- Lots of opportunity to ask questions relating to your business
Price: $240 + GST (4 hr course)